Provincial Senior Technical Officer TB
The Provincial Senior Technical Officer TB will provide technical assistance to the National TB Program in the respective province, and to ensure the implementation of TB programmatic management, activities and work plans in targeted sites are in line with the National standard, CTB and KNCV-standards, and achieve the targets. S/he will provide up to date technical guidance and contributes to continuous learning to within KNCV and coalition partners at the provincial level; ensures evaluation and documentation of interventions to collect and share lessons learnt; maintaining KNCV standards of work in the respective province; as well as overall responsible for knowledge management within his/her team.
Duty Station : DKI Jakarta
Key Responsibilities include:
- Technical Assistance
- Provide technical assistance to province and/or district health offices and partners in the implementation and monitoring of the TB/provincial & district work plans. This includes but is not limited to the areas of: Universal Access (District PPM, Provider Engagement, Advocacy); Quality Services (PMDT, TB-HIV), community support in TB control and surveillance.
- Identify problem(s) in CTB implementation and advise the Provincial Coordinator on necessary corrective actions, follow-up on these actions, and prepare brief reports on findings and recommendations.
- Link public and private hospitals in the respective province/duty station to the NTP through adoption of the national DOTS strategy; and create a private-public TB control network (including referral links, uniform recording and reporting system, laboratory network with quality assurance, access to and quality of DR-TB and TB-HIV services.
- Facilitate establishment of PPM team (Hospital, Work Place, Prison and Private practitioners, NGO), and assist in their functioning in accordance with national standard.
- Work closely with Provincial health office and partners to ensure comprehensive planning, quality and timely implementation of and reporting on the CTB work plan progress.
- Assist province and district health office and partners in CTB-implementation problem solving.
- Manage the district TO’s and the Lab TO in their work planning, -execution and reporting.
- Facilitate appropriate input from the RO technical department to ensure quality activity implementation according to latest technical program insights.
- Prepare (monthly, quarterly and annual technical provincial and district plans and ensure timely reporting in collaboration with M&E Officer and Data Officer, incl. recommendations.
- Draft, collect input and finalize: TOR’s, TAR’s, Purchase Request, Expense Report and Activity Report, respecting all requirements, within appropriate timeframe. Also approve technically and administratively of those prepared by TO’s.
- Supervise and ensure effective filing of Project documentation according to CTB guideline.
- Provides input to KNCV strategy by providing provicial context information.
- Initiates and facilitates discussions with regards to TO – TB work on the provincial level.
- Develops and maintains her/his knowledge in the technical areas related to his/her work.
- Contributes to proposals for funding.
- Maintains relations with selected partners and institutions.
- Shares KNCV strategic viewpoints with partners and institutions.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Educational Qualification
- Medical Doctor/Officer preferably with a NGO background, a degree in public health, epidemiology or comparable qualification.
- Non-civil servant.
- Minimum 7 years of working experience in Public health/medical science or management preferably in health/TB control program
- Excellence communication and negotiation skills
- Preferably with knowledge in Project Management and TB program
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office
- Good English
- Experience in coordinating and representing teams of independently operating professionals
- Ability to create a supportive working environment amongst all staff
- Ability to work as part of multi-cultural team and independently
- Motivated and willing to learn and implement new ways of working
- Accurately follow the organizational procedures and regulations
- As work requires field/hospital visit personal respiratory protection may apply.
KNCV offers a flexible and supportive work environment and strongly encourages developing your skills and abilities to further your career opportunities.
This vacancy is open until filled. Please ensure to put the post you apply for in the subject line of your e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.